Father owed more than $30,000 in child support

On behalf of Stange Law Firm, PC posted in Domestic Violence on Friday, December 28, 2012.

When talking about child support, people tend to always think it’s the father who pays to the mother. However, the truth is that there are plenty of Illinois men who have custody of their children and who receive child support from an ex-wife or ex-girlfriend. And, just like in any child support situation, it can surely get frustrating if the paying parent stops making their child support payments.

One father, who is raising his two daughters and putting them through private school, recently let all of his neighbors know exactly what he is going through when he made a sign for his front yard that read, “All I want for Christmas is child support.” The father claims his ex owes him more than $30,000 in child support.

The sign came about out of frustration. The father had a board and some paint and was frustrated with the fact that it’s the holidays and he’s broke.

The father also believes his ex saw the sign in the yard as she frequently drives by the home. However, she certainly was not the only one to see it, as the father has heard many honk their horns when they drive by. Some of even gotten out and had their picture taken with the sign.

Of course there’s some lightheartedness to this story and some laughter among the neighbors, but when hearing of this story it’s important to keep in mind that this father’s financial struggles are very real.

For fathers in Illinois who are owed child support, while it may be tempting to make a sign for the front yard, the real piece of advice is to contact an attorney to see what options are available to go about getting what is owed.

Source: WREG, “Man Wants Child Support for Christmas,” Sabrina Hall, Dec. 21, 2012

Related Posts